Ready to save some money on your MAIF insurance premiums?
MAIF Insurance agents can answer your questions concerning your existing coverage or regarding a new MAIF policy and offer some money saving tips! Insurance premiums are determined by a number of factors, including location and a driver’s driving record. One of the easiest ways to save money on future car insurance premiums is to be a safe driver:
- Follow posted speed limits
- Wear your seatbelt
- Drive a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you
- Adjust your speed for weather conditions: you can be ticketed for driving too fast in bad weather, even if you are driving at the speed limit!
- Use turn signals appropriately
- Follow posted traffic signs: yield and stop as directed
- NEVER drink and drive!
- Do not use hand held devices when driving: NO cell phones!
Although many of these tips are “common sense”, it is easy to forget them when we are in a hurry, distracted and agitated or sleepy while driving. Before getting behind the wheel, be sure that you are in the right frame of mind, not overly tired and feel comfortable with the route you are taking. It is always best to stop and verify directions of you feel that you are lost.
There are other ways to reduce your MAIF insurance premiums which can be discussed with a MAIF agent. You may be able to reduce your deductible if you are prepared to pay a bit more out of pocket should you need to file a claim. Your insurance coverage can also be adjusted once you own your vehicle: a MAIF agent can assess your personal situation and make recommendations for you.