Winter is fast approaching and the fall season is the perfect time to check your car over and make sure you have emergency essentials on board- you never know!
- Be sure your gas tank is full if bad weather is predicted for when you are planning to head out- we recommend staying OFF the road during bad weather events that will cause icy, slippery or snowy conditions.
- Make sure to have all season tires before the winter weather arrives!
- Check that tires are properly inflated: under or over inflated tires can be a driving hazard during wet, snowy, or slippery conditions.
- Keep a blanket, first aid kit, flashlight, and small tool kit and a small shovel in the trunk in case of an emergency during winter weather- maybe even some extra non-perishable food.
- Drive a safe distance from vehicles in front of you as to allow for adequate stopping/braking time.
- Please follow posted speed limits, especially on ramps and windy roads that can be slipperier than the main roads.
Maintaining a safe driving record will lead to a reduced car insurance premium – it pays to drive safe! Contact MAIF Insurance, an authorized Maryland Auto Insurance Fund provider, to discuss your insurance policy and see how you can save money.