Fall is a great time to pack up the car and head to the mountains for a family camping trip. With the great weather and beautiful fall foliage, adventures await around every turn! However, weather can change quickly this time of year and road conditions can deteriorate rapidly.
When driving conditions become wet or icy with falling leaves or winter weather it’s important to always be prepared. Maryland Auto Insurance Fund has a few tips to keep your family and your car safe this fall. Being well prepared for any situation is good for you, and your insurance premiums.
Tips for Fall Driving
- Get your winter tires now. Traction in wet weather is essential, make sure you have the appropriate winter tires for your vehicle.
- Keep your tire pressure at the right number. Before any road trip check your tire pressure and fill with air if necessary – this will keep your tires at their peak performance level.
- Always travel with extra supplies. It is smart to keep a blanket, flashlight, water, first aid kit, tool kit and a small shovel in your trunk in case your car breaks down or gets stuck.
- Always travel with a full tank of gas and refill often- of course if weather conditions are severe enough, we always suggest staying off the roads.
- Always leave extra room between your vehicle and the vehicles in front of you. When the roads are slippery your car requires more stoppage time.
- Have peace of mind with MAIF Auto insurance. Maryland Auto Insurance Fund will keep your vehicles insured, no matter your driving record.
Contact a Maryland Auto Insurance Fund representative today to find out if MAIF Is right for you. You won’t be turned away- MAIF will have you well insured and on the road to fun and safe fall time adventures.