Staying safe on the roadway not only helps you but other drivers as well. At Maryland Auto Insurance Fund (MAIF), we issue auto insurance for drivers who may not be an ideal candidate for auto insurance. We believe that every driver should have access to auto insurance. In order to qualify for Maryland Auto Insurance, drivers must be:
- Maryland state resident
- Licensed in the state of Maryland or have a current Maryland registration
- Unable to obtain Maryland car insurance through a private carrier
To learn more about MAIF and your options, contact us today to receive a free quote.
Checklist: Staying Safe on the Roadway
To stay safe on the roadway, it is important to have a checklist to make sure you are taking the proper steps before and while driving. We have taken the time to develop a short list of tips you can follow for staying safe on the road.
- Adjusts mirrors to ensure you are able to see to the front, sides, and behind your vehicle. Make sure you adjust the mirrors depending on your views if you happen to share a car.
- Check gas
- Every time you are in a vehicle, whether you are the passenger or driver, fasten your seatbelt. Many people don’t fasten their seatbelt when they are in the back seat because it is perceived as safe, which is not the case.
- Be aware of your signals and gears.
- Check mirrors before braking.
- Be aware of the distance between your car and the car in front of you.
- Make sure to signal when you are turning.
- Follow the speed limit.
- When turning, make sure you check your blind spot by looking over the shoulder.
- Stay alert at all times.
- Make sure your phone is put away while driving
- Check mirrors and blind spot before merging onto the highway.
Staying safe on the roadway doesn’t have to be difficult. Just make sure you follow the appropriate rules of the roadway to keep yourself and other drivers protected. MAIF can help you find the insurance you need. We have a number of conveniently located offices throughout the Baltimore Washington metro area.