At Maryland Auto Insurance we issue and underwrite auto liability insurance for Maryland drivers who cannot obtain auto insurance on the private market. In order to qualify for Maryland Auto Insurance, you must be a Maryland resident, you must be licensed in the state of Maryland or have a current Maryland registration, and you must be unable to obtain Maryland care insurance through a private carrier. If you meet these requirements, we can work with you to obtain the insurance you need.
At Maryland Auto Insurance, we don’t turn down any driver. Even if you have a bad driving record, we can work with you to obtain the coverage you need through the Maryland Auto Insurance Policy.
Great drivers may qualify for discounts with the Maryland Auto Insurance. We have compiled a few tips to remain focused and safe on the roads.
- Stay focused on the road. Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of accidents. Texting, eating, applying makeup, operating the GPS, and changing the radio stations, all count as factors that contribute to distracted driving.
- Obey the speed limit. The speed limit is set into place to keep you and other drivers safe.
- Take a defensive driving course.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car. An emergency kit can help you address emergency situations that may arise on the road. A few examples of things to keep in your emergency kit are blankets, water, jumper cables, first aid kit, spare tire, car jack, tools, ice scraper, reflective lights, and road flares.
- Don’t drink and drive. Drinking and driving are one of the leading causes of auto accidents. After a night of drinking, please do not operate a vehicle. Find a sober driver to take you to your next destination.
Finding ways to stay safe on the roads can protect you and other drivers, as well as get you cheaper rate on auto insurance. It pays to be a safe driver. If you have any question about auto insurance and what we have to offer, please contact one of our Maryland or Washington, DC locations. If you would like to learn more, contact Maryland Auto Insurance online or call 301.476.4887.