At MAIF Insurance Online, we are always excited to share new updates with our policyholders. Maryland Auto has recently made some changes to our personal auto rate, as well as to our quoting systems. Learn more about what’s new with Maryland Auto below.
Note From Al Redmer
“The seasons are changing and like the weather, Maryland Auto continues to evolve. This month, we are excited to launch new systems: our new online quoting and policy purchasing system, and an installment billing program (PBS). These new systems will provide a more intuitive and efficient digital experience for our consumers. The new quoting portal incorporates the technology we used for our FineFix website, with the ultimate goal of keeping consumers on the site for the duration of the quoting process until completion.We are excited to hear your feedback on these new updates, so please keep us posted and share your thoughts as you begin to use these new tools.” – Al Redmer.
System Enhancements To Our Quoting System
System enhancements include:
- A new, improved, intuitive user flow.
- Auto-filling of driver and vehicle information pulled from the consumer’s driver’s license, minimizing time spent entering information into the online form.
- A progress bar to show how many steps are left in the process.
- A Spanish language version of our quoting system, featuring custom translations from insurance industry professionals.
- Tool tips to assist consumers in understanding the coverages and options available and how these items impact the total premium.
- A mobile friendly layout.
You can now get a quote and purchase a policy at MyMarylandAuto.com.
What is the impact of Maryland Auto’s Personal Auto rate change for 2021?
Our 2021 Personal Auto rate adjustment includes two major changes to our discount structure:
- The 1-Year Safe Driver Discount has been increased from 10% to 15%.
- The 3-Year Safe Driver Discount has been increased from 25% to 30%.
- The 2-Year Safe Driver Discount will remain at 20%.
While individual rates are affected by a range of factors, the overall impact of this rate adjustment is approximately a slight decrease of -1.4%, statewide.
As a result of this adjustment, we project that the majority of Maryland Auto policyholders will see little to no increase in rates, and some will see a decrease.
This rate adjustment will take effect on November 16, 2021. These new rates will apply to quotes with an effective date of November 16, 2021, or later, and will be available in our system as of September 16, 2021.
If you have questions about new Personal Auto rates or quotes, you can call our Policy Services team at 800-445-1117.