Maryland Auto Insurance: Frequently Asked Questions
Is Maryland Auto Insurance an insurance company?
No, Maryland Auto Insurance is an independent Maryland state My MD Auto provider. We issue and underwrite auto liability insurance for Maryland drivers who cannot get auto insurance services on the private market.
What are the eligibility requirements for Maryland Auto Insurance – My MD Auto?
- Be unfit to get Maryland auto insurance on the private market.
- Prove denial of coverage by at least two carriers for reasons other than failure to make payment.
- Be a Maryland resident.
- Be a licensed driver in the state of Maryland and have a current Maryland vehicle registration.
Are any discounts available for Maryland Auto Insurance – My MD Auto?
There are several ways you can save money on My MD Auto insurance:
- Safe driver discounts – Maintain a clean driving record free of accidents and traffic violations to secure the cheapest Maryland Auto Insurance.
- Continued coverage discounts – Drivers who have 12 months or more of continued Maryland Auto Insurance will maintain the lowest rates.
What is the difference between liability and full coverage insurance?
The State of Maryland requires liability insurance to protect against bodily injury or property damage to another person. Full coverage includes liability, comprehensive, and collision coverage which provides added protection to your own property damage and also protects against weather, fire, theft, and vandalism regardless of who is at fault.
What happens if I have a lapse in Maryland Auto Insurance?
If you are accident-free and your policy expired up to 60 days ago, our Maryland Auto Insurance providers can assist you with reinstatement. Please call (301) 476-4887 for more information.
Do high risk drivers qualify for Maryland Auto Insurance?
You cannot be denied My MD Auto Insurance because of accidents or driving records. As long as you meet the eligibility conditions, you will not be turned down.
What are the specific conditions for Maryland Auto Insurance?
All Maryland drivers must maintain minimum liability insurance coverage on their vehicle in the following amounts:
- $30,000 for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 for bodily injury for two or more people
- $15,000 for property damage