Car accidents can happen to drivers at any time. It is important to know what to do if you are ever involved in a car accident. Most drivers don’t know what to do if they get into a car accident. At MAIF Insurance, we are committed to helping our drivers stay safe and covered on the roads. If you find yourself in a car accident, try to remember these key tips.
- Call the police. Getting the police involved will help the accident reporting, and auto insurance process run smoothly.
- Don’t admit fault. Let the police and insurance company investigate the car accident.
- Make sure you take proper documentation of the accident. Take pictures or video of any damage done to your car. If applicable, take photos of the entire scene. Make sure you are not in the o=way of oncoming traffic, which may put you and other drivers at risk.
- File a claim with your insurance company and file a police report. Make sure you keep all copies just in case the insurance company needs a copy of the information.
- Exchange information with all parties involved in the car accident. Information to exchange: Name, address, phone number, license plate number, driver’s license number, make and model of vehicles.
Following these key tips can help the accident process less stressful and help drivers get stay covered on the roadway. Also, remember that auto insurance is required in by Maryland state law. If you are having difficulty obtaining auto insurance due to your driving record or other factors, contact your local MAIF auto insurance provider. If you meet our requirements, you qualify for Maryland Auto Insurance. If you are interested in exploring your auto insurance options, contact one of our conveniently located offices all over Maryland and Washington, DC, or get a free quote online.