Staying safe on the roadway doesn’t have to be difficult. By simply following traffic laws and roadway rules, you will keep yourself and other drivers protected. At Maryland Auto Insurance, we issue auto insurance for drivers who may not be an ideal candidate for auto insurance. We believe that every driver should have access to auto insurance. In order to qualify for Maryland Auto Insurance, drivers must be:
- Licensed in the state of Maryland or have a current Maryland registration
- Maryland state resident
- Unable to obtain Maryland car insurance through a private carrier
To stay safe on the roadway, it is important to have a checklist to make sure you are taking the proper steps before and while driving. Here is a short list of tips you can follow for staying safe on the road.
- Adjusts mirrors to ensure you are able to see to the front, sides, and behind your vehicle. It is extremely important to do this if you share a car. Your views will most likely be different than the views of the other driver.
- Fasten your seatbelt. In the State of Maryland, it’s the law whether you are the driver or a passenger. This includes backseat passengers.
- Check to make sure you have enough fuel.
- Be aware of your signals and gears.
- Be aware of the distance between your car and the car in front of you.
- Follow the speed limit.
- Make sure to signal when you are turning.
- When turning, make sure you check your blind spot by looking over the shoulder.
- Stay alert at all times.
- Make sure your phone is put away while driving
- Check mirrors and blind spot before merging onto the highway.
Maryland Auto Insurance can help you find the insurance you need. We have a number of conveniently located offices throughout the Baltimore Washington metro area.
To learn more about Maryland Auto Insurance and your options, contact us today to receive a free quote.