Summer is in full swing and children all over the area are out playing on these sunny, warm days.
MAIF Insurance wants to remind drivers to help keep kids safe this summer and offers several tips to avoid an emergency situation.
Summer safety tips:
- Drive below posted speed limits in residential areas and parking lots
- Use headlights to improve the visibility of your vehicle when driving
- NEVER leave a child of any age in a car- even for a moment!
- Lock your vehicle to prevent a small child from entering it and releasing the brake
- Watch for any fluid leakage in the road or your driveway where kids may ride and/or play
Practice these safety tips to help enable yours and other children to have a safe and enjoyable summer.