Winter weather is approaching and the fall season is the perfect time to assess the condition of your car and be sure you have some emergency essentials on board- just in case!
Your MAIF insurance agent reminds you of the benefits of safe driving: lower premiums! Follow these driving safety tips to keep you and your family safe while on the road this fall and winter:
- Check to be sure your gas tank is full if bad weather is predicted while you are traveling- we recommend staying OFF the road during winter weather events that will cause icy or snowy conditions.
- Be sure you have all season tires before the winter weather arrives!
- Check to see if your tires are properly inflated: under or over inflated tires can be driving hazard during wet or slippery conditions.
- Keep a blanket, flashlight, first aid kit and small tool kit and a small shovel in the trunk in case of an emergency during winter weather.
- Drive a safe distance from the vehicles in front of you to allow for adequate stopping time.
- Follow posted speed limits, especially on ramps and windy roads.
Maintaining a safe driving record will lead to a reduced car insurance premium – it pays to drive safe! Contact a MAIF agent to discuss your insurance policy and see how you can save money.